Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm a slacker

It has been a whole week since my last post. I usually try and keep up with blogging better. I know once I start to slack it will get easier and easier. Days will turn into weeks, which will then turn into months, and soon I will stop blogging because I am so far behind. So with that being said i'm going to try real hard not to slack too often.

Our  recap of last week...... Saturday we had an Egg hunt at the church. Grant absolutley loves to hunt eggs. This year he was more interested in getting the candy out of the eggs then hunting them. Of course, he wanted to hunt more once it was over. We also had a fish fry Saturday. After the egg hunt we stayed at church and chatted while the kids ran around and played until it was time to eat. I don't like fish but we always go to the fish fry to fellowship. Usually they have chicken or something else but they didn't this time. So I ate french fries and cheese cake....Healthy I know. It was yummy though.
Sunday we went to church. We ate lunch at home beacause grandma is out of town. I left and went grocery shopping while everyone else napped. We really needed groceries around our house. When I got back Andrew and Grant left to go help a friend move his tractor. Grant really loves tractors and was excited to ride one. Andrew played basketball Sunday night and I watched my shows. GCB and Desperate Housewives.

 I started to feel bad Monday....my throat was hurting and I had that annoying post nasel drip. Tuesday when I woke up I had the worse headache ever and I was achey. Of course, I immediately though I had the flu. A co-worker had it last week, so I just knew I caught it. I decided to go ahead to the doctor because of the kids. I waited for almost two hours to find out it is a sinus and ear infection. I was super happy it was not the flu. I got a shot, an antibiotic, and some decongestant medicine. I went home and took a three hour nap. Andrew says its not a nap if its three hours it is SLEEP. Either way I never nap or sleep during the day so I must have needed it. I came back to work on Wednesday, not feeling my best but needing to return. Today I actually feel worse then yesterday. I'm back to being stopped up and I have a small headache. I really hope the medicine I took this morning kicks in soon.

On a happier note, Grant is having an Easter party at school today. They are hunting eggs and eating goodies. He is super excited about it. They are out of school tomorrow so my mother-in-law is going to watch them. Both boys are also going to stay at her house Friday night. Andrew and I are going on a date night to watch American Pie Reunion. I'm excited because i'm sure it will be funny. We NEED a date night, if for nothing more then our sanity. We usually stay at home a lot. Mostly to save money and for lack of babysitters. We usually watch tv, play games, or watch Netflix movies but sometimes its nice to get out of the house and do something. I am excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment