Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Breakfast for dinner

I don't know about you but I just love to have breakfast food for dinner. Usually when we do this at our house we have bacon, scrambled eggs, grits and biscuits or we have pancakes and bacon. Both of these meals I thoroughly enjoy. Last night I decided to cook breakfast with a new recipe, well sort of a new recipe. I've cooked it before but only like twice. It is super easy and very yummy. I'm not sure what it is called so I will just call it sausage and cream cheese casserole.

Ingredients:
1 pack cream cheese
1 pack of ground sausage
2 packs of cresent rolls

Directions:
1. Cook ground sausage thoroughly
2. While cooking sausage preheat oven to 350 and lay out cream cheese for it to soften
3. Put the first layer of cresent rolls on the bottom of your baking pan
4. When sasuage is complete drain grease, and mix with cream cheese until blended
5. Pour this mixture over cresent rolls
6. Top with other layer of cresent rolls
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cresent rolls are done

Once again this is a super easy recipe. We had it for dinner last night and I ate more for breakfast this morning. It taste just as good warmed up. You can double the amount of cream cheese and sausage if you want a super thick casserole. I have had it this way before and it is good. I still prefer a thinner layer. I also cooked some cheese grits to go with it. Needless to say there was little talking around the dinner table last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment