Thursday, February 9, 2012

OCD in the Davis house

When you have children you always wonder what quality they will get from you. Will they  have your eyes, nose, or mouth? Will they talk, walk, or act like you? Lately Grant has made it very clear one quality he gets from his mother.....my OCD. Yes our 2 1/2 year old child has OCD. Within the last week these are some of the things he has said.

I don't want to wear those pajamas, they don't match.
Daddy you have to close that. (referring to the shower curtain...big pet peav of mine)
Mommy, what did you put on my floor? You need to put it in my drawer. It doesn't belong on the floor.
You need to put the lid on that bottle before you spill it.


Grant also has to go to sleep with his 4 mickey's in a specific order in his bed. We have to sing Jesus Love Me every night and check his holes and closet before he will sleep. He puts his cup in a certain place while we eat. If you move it, he will move it back. His toys almost always get put back in the place he found them.
These are just a few quirks he has. I'm not sure if it will last forever or if he will outgrow the OCD. I'm not going to lie, I really enjoy it. Not only does it drive Andrew crazy.....I know we will have a cleaner house b/c Grant can't stand a mess. Here are a few pictures of my sweet, loving, energetic, happy, healthy, handsome OCD little boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment