Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The 3 S's... sick children, sick husband, and shopping

Our long 3 day weekend was full of  fun, laughter, love, cooking, cleaning, shopping, and lots of sickness.

 Bryce was diaganosed with RSV on Wednesday and has an ear infection. Grant's RSV test was negative but he has an ear infection. Saturday was a pretty rough day for Bryce. Nothing really seemed to satisfy him. He slept a lot, which I think helped in his recovery. He has finally stopped drinking pedialyte and is back to drinking his formula. Grant has been laughing and playing through his sickness. His cough is very nasty but doesn't seem to let it slow him down. Andrew now seems to think he is sick. And we all know men are worse then babies when they are sick!  Hopefully I won't get it. I've been keeping myself up and going... trying to fight it off. Saturday we stayed around the house most of the day. I cleaned out our master closet and Bryce's clothes he has outgrown already. I can't believe he is getting so big so fast! I also cooked yummy ranch pork chops, rice, and green beans for supper.

Sunday we didn't go to church or Grandmas like we usually do. We didn't want to get the kids out in the cold or subject the other children to getting their colds. Mr. Bobby (my father in law) came by the house to spend some time with the kids. He lives out of town and doesn't get to come in town but once a month unless something special is going on. We visited for a while and then I went grocery shopping. Later while the kids were napping, Andrew and I watch Water for Elephants. I really liked it. I do love some RPattz! And sunday night I tried a new receipe for some baked cheddar chicken. I think Andrew is enjoying me cooking different things lately. I told him not to get to use to it b/c when its back to work, its back to quick and easy: spaghetti, hot dogs, grilled cheese and soup, lasagna, roast in the crock pot, breakfast food, etc...

Monday. Andrew had to go back to work. I made plans before the kids got sick to meet my friend Cherish in Dothan to do some shopping. I decided since the weather was warmer, the kids were feeling better, and I really needed to have girl time ... to go. We met at Target to do a little bathing suit shopping. Yes, it is February but I wanted to get a new one before the bathing suits got picked over. We are going on a family beach trip in May and i'm so excited! The plan is to put in on, look in the mirror and get motivation to exercise ...haha! I doubt I will really do it but it sounds like a good idea at the time. Cherish and I went to a few more stores, ate lunch, and then parted ways. It is so nice to be able to pick back up with an old friend you haven't seen in a while so easily. I love me some Cherish! When I got home I decided to start boiling my chicken to make home-made chicken salad. I love chicken salad but it is so much work. So I don't cook it very often. It turned out great by the way. Bryce napped and Andrew took Grant outside to enjoy the nice weather. After dinner Andrew and I played Monopoly Deal. I beat him...haha! I love to play games but we are both so competitive we don't get to play that often. Last night we watched the Voice..love it! I also watched Grant run around naked showing his muscles before bath time .....which btw he looks like an Ethiopian. And trust me all he does is eat. Grant also got super excited about the bath fizzes I bought that change his water colors. He made me feel like the best mom in the world. If only EVERYONE got so happy over such little things.

All in all we had a great weekend despite everyone being sick. I hope this week is still full of fun, laughter, love, cooking, cleaning, with less shopping and sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment