Friday, August 10, 2012

playing catch up

This week has been interesting to say the least. Grandma had her brain surgery Tuesday. Andrew went down early Tuesday morning to see her before they took her back. I had to work but did manage to get off early and see Grandma Tuesday night. She is doing very well. She has some swelling but that is to be expected. She is eating and speaking well. Grandma is definitely a tough old woman.

Last night I had a flat tire on my car. I am thankful that Andrew was there to take care of it, even though I kept telling him to get it looked at because it was low. If it would have been before work today I would have been in a heap of trouble. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and I will get my car back this afternoon.

This weekend we don't really have any plans. Andrew has to drop off a few inflatables and I need to grocery shop. Other then that I hope to relax, play with my children, and get my house clean. Sunday is my niece's birthday party at the SportsPlex. Grant is excited about swimming in the pool and birthday cake....but who can blame him on the birthday cake part. I'm looking forward to the cake myself.

I have had a lot on my mind lately. I am doing a better job about praying for other people and praying for strength to overcome my shortcomings. We are also trying to make a better effort about going to church on Sunday nights. We usually just go Sunday morning and sometimes on Wednesday nights. Since  Bryce was born I haven't went on a Wednesday night. Bryce likes to go to sleep at 7:30 and church isn't over until 8. I really don't want him to pitch a fit. I know ultimately that it is just an excuse. I really do hope to get back into church more than just Sunday mornings very soon. Bryce is getting older and Grant loves to go. I also plan on continuing to work on my relationship with the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment