Monday, August 6, 2012

More surgery

Thursday morning our (Andrew's but now our) grandmother had a seizure. She was taken to the hospital for more test. The test showed she has a softball size mass on the right side of her brain. They will do surgery tomorrow morning to try and remove as much a possible. After the surgery she will be in the hospital for two weeks and then rehab for two weeks. They are going to biopsy the mass to see if it's cancer. The doctor feels pretty confident it's not but can't be positive without the test. Grandma is being very strong. She hasn't talked to much about whats going on. She is just being her funny self and telling stories about when she was growing up. Grandma is one of the best people I know.  She is like my real grandmother. She treats me like I was born into the family. She is so loved. I think there was about 15 people in the room Thursday and Friday night. Some of the nurses even said they wanted to take her home with them.  I would greatly appreciate some prayers being sent our way. I know its going ot be a long road for Grandma to recover. I pray that the Lord will do his good will and that everything will turn out for the best. I also pray that the family sticks together during this time of need. I will update you on the status of grandma periodically through my blog. Until then please keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment