Monday, July 9, 2012

Future Ideas

I was reading my Proverbs daily devotional earlier and decided to document an idea. The story was about a mother suggesting to be "breakfast buddies" with her child in hopes of getting him up and dressed quicker. She would get up early to be ready and would wake her child up in plenty of time to enjoy a meal together. I was thinking about how this is a great idea. When my boys get a little bit older I would love to do this. I decided to document this b/c I know years down the road I will no longer have that email. My blog is a place where I frequently go back and re-read post I have written....so what better place to post something that I strive to do. I think it will be good to become breakfast buddies. This can be a time when we pray and talk about the Lord while enjoying a meal together. I love to have family meals. In fact, we sit down every night together for our family meal. Grant is only three and is the slowest eater, mostly because he is too busy talking. So most nights we have had the family meal and he is still sitting there eating while momma cleans up the kitchen. I'm sure I will be begging him to sit down and talk during our family meal one day, so I should just enjoy this precious time. Becoming breakfast buddies is definitely something I want to do in the future. Grant is feed breakfast at school now but I know in just two short years he will be starting kindergarten. I think this will be a very influential time in his life and what better way to start off your day...with the Lord and your family.


"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you." Psalm 143:8 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment