Monday, June 25, 2012

taking a break

I have been taking a major blogging break. I'm not really sure why other then being busy. So here goes some catching up. Grant went to two bible schools in the past three weeks. He absolutely loves it. We have another nearby church that Grant wants to go to this Friday and Saturday for VBS. We are so lucky to have a young child so eager to go and learn. He makes me very proud.

Grant had his three year check-up last week. He was 32lb and 38 1/2 inches. Bryce also had his 6 month check-up the same day. Bryce was 19lb and 28inches. Both are right on track and healthy.

This past weekend we had kids water day at church. Andrew's company Incredible Inflatables LLC blew up a big water slide. We had a great time. The kids loved it and so did the adults. Bryce is too little to slide but he played in the baby pool and just enjoyed being outside.

Speaking of Bryce he is changing so much lately. He can wave bye, fake cough,  and can sit up by himself for brief periods of time. He is almost big enough to start snacking on cherrios and puffs. I know he will love it b/c he is so interested in our food. Sometimes I can't believe that he is 7 months old. Time flies by way too fast.

Andrew and I also had a date night this weekend. We went out to eat Saturday with the kids but we stayed up and watched our Netflix movie once they were asleep. I know....we have such exciting date nights. Actually I don't mind staying around the house and watching movies. It's way cheaper then anything else. Plus we are alone and that is what is important.

Last night I cooked a new EASY recipe I got off Pinterest.
 Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pack of powder ranch
1 pack of pork chops

Place all ingredients in crockpot on low for 3-4 hours.
-very simple and was delicious.
I love to try new simple recipes. I especially like it when they turn out good and the family likes them. I have several other recipes on Pinterest I need to try.

Well I guess that does it for catching up. I will post some pictures from Kid's Day soon. Until next time, I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment